• Rich Klein

FOUR RESTAURANT EMPLOYEES AT RW CATSKILLS INJURED OVER WEEKEND

MONTICELLO - Four employees of Resorts World Catskills, at least two who are reported to be kitchen stewards, required medical care between Saturday and Monday after experiencing symptoms that may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning, according to a source who did not want to be identified. The source said that the injuries among the four included headaches and fatigue.


The incident occurred over the weekend inside the kitchen of Lotus/Good Friends Market, according to the source.


After an inquiry, RW Catskills told The SullivanTimes through a spokesperson that "the C02 alarm was triggered as a result of an employee mistakingly not turning on the ventilation fan while cooking. As soon as the alarm was triggered, the fan was turned on. Per our protocol, security responded to the area and evacuated the kitchen until the Fire Department arrived. The Fire Department determined the C02 levels were normal. Food and beverage managers are reviewing best practices and safety guidelines with all staff. "


Dan Bank, the RW Catskills spokesperson, added that "the safety and security of our guests and employees is our top priority. The Sullivan County Department of Health was on site today (March 8) to inspect the kitchens on property and deemed them safe for use. "

THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY

92 views

Recent Posts

See All
  • White Facebook Icon

© 2023 by TheHours. Proudly created with Wix.com